|U.S. Capitol, Washington D. C.|
The TAD thus makes an important contribution to the political dialogue between North America (U.S.A. and Canada) and Europe. Its main focus is in the areas of politics, economics, and culture.
An exchange of global, national, and specific transatlantic topics is conducted through organizing international conferences, roundtables, lectures, exchange programs, workshops, and discussion rounds. The aim of these events is to consolidate the established Atlantic community of values as a global stabilizing factor and to strengthen mutual trust and create a permanent dialogue between North America and Europe, with a special focus on Germany.
Our focal issues are:
- Globalization and free trade
- Germany, the EU, and the U.S. – the triangle of transatlantic relations
- International Security
- Active civil society
- Human rights and rule of law
- Multilateral institutions and the International Organizations
To enhance these issues the TAD
- analyzes plans for political reforms in the areas of economic, social,
security, labor market and trade policies with experts from the U.S. and Europe
- presents the results to a broad cross section of the public
- integrates and informs political multipliers
- communicates new perspectives on relevant topics in Germany and
Europe to the U.S. and vice versa.